Wednesday 22nd January
9:00am - 10:30am in the terrapin on the playground
This week we will be finding out more about healthy eating and meals we can prepare on a budget.
This week the coffee hut will be in the terrapin on the infant playground. Please enter through the wooden gate on the playground or through the main school office. We look forward to seeing you there for a cup of coffee and a slice of cake!
Tips for encouraging children to do their homework
Please see the flier below for tips on how you can encourage children to do their homework.
Tips for encouraging reading at home
We have been sharing our top tips for encouraging reading at home and to develop children's love for reading. Have a look below and see if there are any you can give a go at home!
- Encourage children to ask questions about the story and model asking questions to them e.g. what do you think XXXX was doing in the story? What do you think might happen next? etc.
- Read your favourite stories again and again so that children can join in with you and become familiar with the text.
- Share bedtime stories - don't worry if they don't always want to read, you can read to them as well. Show them that reading can be fun!
- Don't expect them to read for too long - little and often is best!
- Encourage the children to use their sounds to sound out new words but if they don't know, it is ok for you to read it to them.
- Make it fun and enjoy reading together! :)
Year 1's reading breakfast
Thank you to everyone who attended the reading breakfast. It was really lovley to share some time before school with our year 1 families. Staff, children and parents enjoyed toast, cereal and a hot drink whilst sharing a story. We are really looking forward to the year 2 and EYFS reading breakfasts on....
Tuesday 22nd October 8:30 - 9:00 - Year 2
Wednesday 6th November 8:30 - 9:00 - EYFS
See you there! :)
Meet out Rowanfield Family!
We are very pleased to introduce to you our new Rowanfield Family. Each class has their very own mascot who will spend the weekend with each of the children throughout the year. Each mascot has a special book which we encourage children and parents to write about what they have been up to at the weekend. You can even add photos too! This will then be shared with the class on a Monday morning during our "Time to Talk" session.
We can't wait to find out what our friends have been up to!